3. Value System
Our fundamental belief is:
We proclaim to love God with all our heart, soul and mind, to love and respect ourselves and in turn others.
And supporting beliefs are:
- While remaining respectful of its history, Good Hope MCC aspires to move with the times within a modern society.
- Every person in the church has been blessed with unique gifts and talents. We are called to use these for the benefit of the community and in so doing fulfill God's purpose.
Our responsibilities thus are to:
Share our blessings with one another
Display our faith without shame
Stand up for our beliefs
Work towards the expansions of God's realm
Be joyful in realm of God
To be of service to God and all God's people
To facilitate personal, spiritual growth and life-skills of all individuals
Proclamation of intent:
The Church and the Congregation will:
- listen to and respect every opinion
- take a stand against injustice and that directly affects the fundamental beliefs of our community
- provide guidance if not able to fulfill a need directly
- welcome everybody in the Church
- not condone bad or unbecoming conduct (see SOP's)
- promote healthy relationships
- not dictate spiritual beliefs or dogma, but rather facilitate and provide support with individual spiritual growth